Monday, January 26, 2009

A Quick Trip to Jimenez, Tamps. Mexico


On Friday morning at 3:40 there was a knock at my door. It was my Daddy, Mama, and Debbie and James Hawk. We all piled in a rented van and headed to see our hermanos south of the border. We arrived around 6:40 and headed straight for some delicious tacos. Here's Jorge with a plate full of tacos.


On Saturday we went to Cuidad Victoria and went shopping. We stopped at a street vendor for lunch and had some really great gorditas. The best ones were the pork ones with green salsa. MMMMMMMM!!! I can still taste them. Here are Daddy, James, and Debbie.



This crazy dude was standing outside of the pharmacy doing a jig. He looked like he was flat buring up in that suit. I made them take a picture with him.

Finally, my Maria! My good buddy Maria was there too. She's a nurse in Jimenez. We're the same age and well. . . I like hanging around her!

We got home Monday night and are already missing our hermanos there.
We had a great time and can't wait to return.

1 comment:

martha crockett said...

Amy, just wanted to leave you a comment to let you know I enjoy looking at your blog. When people "stalk", but don't leave comments, you never know whether anyone is looking or not.
We love Mexico, so I particularly liked this latest post!
Good luck on you masters! It will be so worth it when you're all done!