Friday, July 25, 2008

Atlanta, Georgia ????

A few months ago Jorge suggested that we go on a vacation to Atlanta. Atlanta?? What? Isn't it hot and humid there, you might ask. Well, yes. But, do you know what is in Atlanta? The World of Coke!! Yep, that's right the Coca-Cola museum is there. That was enough for me! So, Jorge's parents, Jose and Chavela went with us in my Honda Civic. Yep, Civic. Do the numbers on space per person would ya! We really made it just fine. We went to a Braves game (they were playing the Astros). The game was 17 innings long!! We had fun. Here are some pictures.

She smiles! I should get a journalism award for capturing that on camera!


The little drummer boy with the GIGANTIC drum! Jorge even bought the foam hatchet thing.
Check out Downtown Atlanta!
World of Coke!!! This was the best part!!! The only bad thing is that my camera ran out of batteries. I though that I had packed extra batteries in my purse. . . but I was wrong. So, I don't have as many pictures of the world of Coke as I would like.


I took pictures of the signs so that I could have my favorite father-in-law paint a mural for me in my dining room. Yes, I'm cheezy like that!!

Of course the Coke store was a must. But before we went to the store, there was a HUGE coke tasting area. Africa, Asia, North America, South America and Europe had their own circular fountain areas and you could go and taste any coke product that is sold in that part of the world. It was awesome. I liked North and South America and some of the European products. I didn't like ANY of the Asian or African ones. They were awful!! You could go and taste as many times as you wanted. Super cool.

So we bought some trays and plates. And. . . wished for much more!

The next day, we went to the World Aquarium. If you ever go to Atlanta you must do this!! They had 4 touching pools. Jorge is touching a stingray. They had sharks, sea anemones, shrimp, starfish, and horseshoe crab. I know that's more than 4, but some of them shared a tank. You could touch these animals. The sharks felt like rubber and the stingrays. . . . like SNOT. The coolest thing to touch was the sea anemone. I though that it might sting, but our skin is too thick for it to sting us. God's so smart! Jorge is touching a stingray.

That tank behind us has more than 600 species of fish in it. You can scuba dive for $200 for 2 hours. There are sharks in there. I'm just not gonna do it!! It was however, awesome!

This was another tropical tank. Chavela hates cameras. She really was having a good time. . . she just acts terrible when a camera's around. There were fresh water tanks there too. Some tanks went over your head and twisted around. It was really something to see.

I just thought these jellyfish were cool looking.


I'll post more later.

No comments: