Sunday, August 17, 2008






My Grass, People!

Nobody has really asked for an update on our new lawn so I figured e-mail or the phone lines must be down. So here goes. My lawn is A-W-E-S-O-M-E! Really is. I want to take a moment to just thank the great Japanese people that provided the world with this Empire Zoysia! Well, God had a huge part in it but those friendly Japanese let us take some.


We watered twice a day for almost 3 weeks...still don't have the bill. It's okay; I'll just pay with a check. I had the grass mowed about 8 days ago and it is grown again. Zoysia is typically a slow grower but I've (Amy really) been watering plenty. Also, I was worried about how the grass would grow in the shade with our big oak trees and have been very pleased with how it has done. I have not seen any slow growth as a result of the shade. Once the lawn is good and in, we will focus a garden under the front lawn trees and also in front of the porch.
Well, hope ya'll get e-mail/phone back working so ya'll can ask more about my lawn's progress.
~jorge

4 comments:

The Boyd Gang said...

I will bring the girls and put your lawn to a real test!! If they approve, then we know that it is good grass. How is the rest of your house coming? I bet the grass has taken up a lot of your time and you haven't had a chance to finish you other honey do's:)

Micah and Jennifer said...

Wow...it really does look good. I'm impressed!!! It really makes your house look great. You do know that water is not an inexhaustible resource, right?

Micah and Jennifer said...

That must be some good stuff man... I bet that is some good grasssss.... Those Japanese man are some smart people with their small eyes... I bet they know what good grass is man....
Love Cheech and Chong

The Boyd Gang said...

hey I think I see a dead spot at the bottom of the picture Lane